Chinese New Year is here and so are some bright days ahead to share your love, thoughts and gear up for something new and exciting. We have for you the dishes you can make at home easily to have some time to bond with your family and pass your thoughts through the amazing dish that you cooked.
1. Chicken Steamboat
- STEAMBOAT STOCK
- 2 KNORR CHICKEN CUBES
- 2200 ml Water
- 80 g Spring onion bulbs lightly smashed
- 3 sprigs Coriander roots
- 6 tbsp Small red shallots thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- STEAMBOAT INGREDIENT
- 8 Chicken drumsticks
- 200 g Assorted mushrooms
- 100 g Sliced radishes and carrots
- 100 g Seafood tofu
- 100 g Assorted seafood balls
- 100 g Assorted leafy vegetables of your choice
- Heat up a pot with olive oil, lightly fry the shallots and spring onion bulbs to a light brown.
- Add in 2 KNORR CHICKEN CUBES and the rest of the ingredients for steamboat stock.
- Bring it to a boil and add in the chicken drumsticks then simmer for 20mins.
- Add in the rest of the steamboat ingredients and be ready to serve in 3mins.
2. Abundance Abalone Winter Melon Ring
Abundance Abalone Winter Melon Ring
- thick slice winter melon diameter 6 inch
- 1 can Hock Hua’s Australia Wild Blacklip Abalone Whole
- 1 large broccoli cut into florets and blanched in water till just cooked
- 200 g enoki mushroom
- 40 g Dried scallops soaked in water for 50 mins till it softens
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp wolfberries
- 1/4 cup chicken both
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 1 tsp chinese cooking wine
- 2 tsp corn starch
- 12 pcs medium-size Japanese dried shiitake mushroom
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- braising ingredient
- 1 whole garlic
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp superior dark soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp fish sauce
- 500 ml water
- Prepare the abalone
- Remove the label on the abalone can.
- In a pot of water, fully submerge the unopened can into the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil. Reduce the flame and allow it to simmer for 3 – 4 hrs. Monitor the water level, add more water as required
- Turn off the flame and remove the tin. Set aside and allow it to cool down to room temperature. Open the can when needed.
- Prepare the mushroom
- Soak it overnight in room temperature water.
- Remove mushroom from water, rub 2 tbsp of corn starch on it. Rinse it thoroughly to remove any impurities between the pores. Drain dry.
- Marinate the mushroom with sugar.
- Transfer the mushroom into a pot, add in all the braising seasoning. Mix well, bring it to a boil for 15 mins. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 1.5 hrs. Monitor the water level to ensure that it’s not dried up. Add in water as required.
- Once it is cooked, adjust the taste with fish sauce and sugar. Keep warm till it’s ready to be used.
- Prepare the winter melon
- Remove the skin and seeds. Use a knife to trim the inner circle till you achieve a 4 – 5 cm thickness around the rim. #Tips: Do not cut it too small as it will shrink after it’s cooked
- Pre-heat the steamer. Place the winter melon on a heatproof bowl, steam for 15 mins.
- Once it is cooked, pour the winter melon juice into a small bowl and set aside for cooking.
- Cook the filling
- Open the can of abalone. Pour out the juice and set aside the abalone.
- In a frying pan, heat up 1 tbsp oil and fry garlic still fragrant. Add in soaked scallop, chicken broth, abalone juice and winter melon juice.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in enoki mushroom and wolfberries. Simmer for another 2 mins.
- Add in corn starch and chinese cooking wine.
- Prepare the abalone and assemble
- Place the steamed winter melon on the serving plate.
- Lay the broccoli and mushroom around the winter melon.
- Pour in the warm filling.
- Slice the abalone into approximately 20 thin slices. Lined it in a straight line and roll it up to form a rose.
- Serve immediately.
3. Braised Mushrooms with Fortune Green
Braised Mushrooms With Fortune Greens
- 18 Dried mushrooms pre-soak in warm water to soften
- 50 g Firm beancurd cut to small bite size
- 120 g Cai Xin flower pre-blanch to cook
- 200 g Broccoli floret pre-blanch to cook
- 4 tbsp Corn starch
- HAOCHI DRESSING
- 2 tbsp KNORR HAO CHI ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING
- 500 ml Water
- 3 sprig Coriander roots
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tbsp Toasted almonds
- Heat up a pot with olive oil and lightly fry the coriander roots to light brown.
- Add in KNORR HAO CHI ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING POWDER , water and toasted almonds.
- Bring it to a boil, add in the dried mushrooms, simmer to cook for 20mins or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add in the rest of the fresh ingredients except the corn starch and simmer for 5mins.
- Add in the cornstarch to thicken. Add in broccoli and cai xin to the pot then lightly toss for 1 minute before serving.
4. Crispy Florentine Cookie
Crispy Florentine Cookie
- 40 g Knife Rice Bran oil
- 60 g icing sugar sifted
- 3 eggs
- 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 35 g cake flour sifted
- 180 g almond flakes
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 20 g sunflower seeds
- 7 g black sesame seeds
- Prepare the batter
- In a bowl, add in icing sugar, Knife Rice Bran Oil and egg. Whisk till smooth with no sugar lumps
- Add in flour. Whisk again till smooth with no flour lumps
- Add in vanilla extract and the nuts and seeds, fold in till well mixed.
- Assemble for baking
- Pre-heat oven to 140 degrees
- Cut out 2 pcs of baking paper that fits the baking sheet.
- On 1 pcs of baking paper, draw circles of 5cm diameter.
- Lay another baking paper over.
- Spoon 1 tsp of batter with nuts, place it on the circle and spread it out thinly. #Tips: Use a tweezer to spread it out as thinly as possible, so that the crispiness will last when it’s kept in the air-tight container.
- Bake until golden brown for about 15 mins.
5. Dried Scallops & Shrimp Carrot Cake
Dried Scallops & Shrimp Carrot Cake
- 3 tbsp planta
- 500 g ready to eat carrot cake cut into large dice
- 2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 tbsp shredded dried scallops presoaked
- 5 tbsp pickled turnip cai poh
- 4 whole eggs beaten
- 1 tbsp haochi
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet sauce
- 1 tbsp sambal chili
- 5 tbsp chopped spring onions
- Extra fried shredded scallops for garnish
- In a wok/ frying pan, melt planta with garlic and allow to saute for about 1
- min under medium heat, add dried scallops, eggs and pickled turnip to saute
- for an additional 1 minute.
- Add carrot cake to the mixture and season to taste with haochi, dark soy,
- sweet sauce and sambal chili.
- Allow to cook for another 2minute or until carrot cake is well mixed and hot.
- Garnish with spring onions.
Some more exciting recipes below👇🏻👇🏻
This is the delicious Golden prawn balls. Want to make this yours? Get this recipe in the app
What you are seeing is Pen Cai! You can make it yours in your very own kitchen. Get this recipe in the app
Wish you a very merry Chinese New Year! Check out many more CNY recipes in the YoRipe app and taste something extraordinary!