Jump to Recipe
Easy Egg Cups
Servings: 8 people
- Sunflower oil for greasing muffin tin
- 8 slices wholemeal bread
- 8 tbsp grated low-fat cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 white mushrooms diced
- 8 slices of eggplant
- 1 to mato diced
- Pepper to taste
- Dried herbs e.g. oregano, rosemary, mixed Italian herbs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Use a roller to lightly flatten out the bread. Removing the bread crust can make it easier to flatten.
- Lightly grease muffin tin with sunflower oil. Line each muffin hole with the flattened bread slices. Bake the for 3–5 minutes or until crispy.
- Sprinkle ½ tbsp of cheese in the bottom of each muffin tray, followed by a slice of eggplant and the diced mushrooms. Crack an egg into each cup, sprinkle some dried herbs on top and pepper to taste. Bake for 10–12 minutes or until whites are just set.
- Top each egg with another ½ tbsp cheese and diced tomatoes. Continue baking until cheese is melted and eggs are cooked to your preference.
- Serve as appetiser or finger food for guests or a full meal with two egg cups.
- A toaster oven may be used if an oven is not available. However, cooking time may be longer.
For more EGGciting recipes download our app now