This Easy Vegan Barfi or Burfi is guilt-free, dairy and oil free. Taste the difference but still enjoy a delicious mithai for you and your loved ones during Diwali or any time for a great vegan snack!
Check out Vegankeno, mom of vegan raised kids and developing these delicious indian and vegan recipes 🙂
Easy Guilt-Free Vegan Kaju Barfi
- 2 cups raw cashew
- ¾ cup granulated raw brown sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp of cardamom powder
- Rose essence
- Grind the cashews into a powder to form cashew flour.
Make the sugar syrup:
- Over medium flame, mix the water and sugar in a non-stick pan.
- Heat until small bubbles begin to appear on the surface.
- Stir gently and let it come to a boil. Test the readiness of the syrup by the single thread test.
- Lower flame. Add cashew flour (gradually), flavours and stir well.
- Keep stirring for a few minutes until the mixture gets thicker and smoother.
- Turn off the heat and move the pan away from the hot surface.
- Let it cool slightly.
- Meanwhile line a baking pan with parchment paper. This mixture fits an 11 X 8″ pan.
- Knead well with your hands and transfer onto the prepared pan. Press either with a spatula or take another piece of parchment paper and place on top of the mixture and rollout with a rolling pin to even out the layer. Remove the top wax paper.
- Let it cool completely (for about 20- 25 minutes) and then cut into diamond shaped pieces. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Recipe from VeganKeno