Healty | Easy | Minimal Recipe | @cath_food_diary
Easy Pumpkin Artisan Bread
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup smashed pumpkin puree
- 2 cups hot water not over 110F
- 6 cups All Purpose Flour
- Flour for dusting
- MIX. In a large bowl, mix together the yeast, sugar, salt water. Gradually add the flour, one cup at a time to the liquid and mix thoroughly until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. turn the dough out on a floured surface to knead for 5 minutes.
- KNEAD. fold in the far edge of the dough back over on itself towards you. Press the dough with the heels of your hands and push away. Repeat the process for 5 minutes. (skip this step if you have a mixer or bread machine)
- RISE. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rise for 1 hour. (can put in fridge overnight for slow rise)
- SHAPE. Punch down the dough and briefly knead out any air bubbles. Cut the dough in half and shape it into any shape you like. ( optional: I added Cocoa powder as my family love iPlace the the loaves on a baking sheet and let it rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 180c and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. let it cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing. Ready to serve.
Get recipes faster.
1000+ Asian and Western Cooking Inspiration
Cooking Video | Customised Recommendation | Smart Grocery List
Vegetarian & Vegan |Flexitarian |Keto & Low Carb | Gluten-Free