This version of the French Toast Waffles with chocolate and berries might just become your families weekend favourite! Don’t we all love waffles? Try this out today. Plus, it is vegetarian so let your diet not prevent you from pure indulgence.
French Toast Waffle with Chocolate and Berries
- 4 slices Sunshine Sunflower Nutri-Seed Wholemeal bread
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter for greasing waffle pan
- Chocolate sauce
- 60 g dark chocolate preferably 55 to 70% cocoa fat content
- 100 g dairy whipping cream
- mixed berries of choice whole or sliced as desired
- mint leave
- Prepare the French toast and cook it in a waffle pan
- In a mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients except bread and butter.
- Add in 1 slice of bread at a time. Flip it to ensure even coating.
- Place the bread into the waffle machine. Cook for 2 mins till it turns brown and the eggs are fully cooked.
- Prepare chocolate sauce
- Warm up the whipping cream in the microwave.
- Pour it over the chocolate. Stir till it’s evenly mixed.
- Assemble and serve
- On a plate, stack the French toast, drizzle chocolate sauce over and decorate with berries. Serve immediately.
Want more ideas to indulge? Worry not, it’s not wrong to indulge. Rather, we recommend that you indulge in something delicious but homemade. Nothing beats homemade, right? Check out the YoRipe app to find more such recipes personalized to your diet, mood and health goals! It is sure to impress you and all your loved ones. You will try them out, wont you?