Everybody loves Halwa. The aroma just makes it even more irresistible. This deepavali, don’t let go of the chance to have this guilt-free Gajar ka Halwa which is sugar free, oil free and gluten free! No more worries about consuming too much sugar or oil.
Excited? Wait no more and try this out, you’ll be surprised!
Guilt free Gajar ka Halwa
- 4 cups of grated carrots steamed
- 3 – 4 TBSP Cashew Cream add more if needed
- Soak ½ cup raw cashew nuts in ½ cup warm water for 30 minutes
- Blend well.
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- A handful of roasted chopped almonds or cashew nuts
- ½ tsp of cardamom powder
- 2 – 3 TBSP raisins
- Chopped cashews for garnishing
- Heat a non-stick pan on low heat. Add the steamed carrots and cashew cream and mix well. Let cook for 3 or 4 minutes or more so that most of the moisture is lost.
- Add rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Sprinkle chopped nuts to garnish.
- Serve hot or chilled.