This is a to-die-for banana cake. It’s so moist due to banana and the strong unique taste, you can never find this anywhere unless you make it yourself.
Gula Melaka Banana Cake
- 75 grams unsalted butter soften
- 100 grams fine white sugar
- 80 grams gula melaka palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90 ml buttermilk
- 200 grams mashed very ripe bananas
- 140 grams plain flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Lined loaf pan with parchment paper. (7.9″ x 4.3″)
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced.
- Shave gula melaka using a food processor or knife.
- Puree or mash ripe banana.
- In a measuring cup, combine milk, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
- In a bowl, whisk pain flour, salt and baking soda.
- In your mixing bowl, cream soften butter and both sugars together for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Turn your mixer down to low, gradually add in half of the dry ingredients.
- Then, drizzle in all your wet ingredients.
- Lastly, gradually add in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Bake it in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before transferring to a platter.
- Best eaten within 2 days.
For more tasty baking recipes like this, download the YoRipe app.