This is a to-die-for banana cake. It’s so moist due to banana and the strong unique taste, you can never find this anywhere unless you make it yourself with this Gula Melaka Banana Cake recipe.
Gula Melaka Banana Cake
- 75 grams unsalted butter soften
- 100 grams fine white sugar
- 80 grams gula melaka palm sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90 ml buttermilk
- 200 grams mashed very ripe bananas
- 140 grams plain flour
- ¾ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Lined loaf pan with parchment paper. (7.9″ x 4.3″)
- Preheat oven to 200C or 180C fan-forced.
- Shave gula melaka using a food processor or knife.
- Puree or mash ripe banana.
- In a measuring cup, combine milk, vanilla extract and mashed banana.
- In a bowl, whisk pain flour, salt and baking soda.
- In your mixing bowl, cream soften butter and both sugars together for about 3 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, one at a time.
- Turn your mixer down to low, gradually add in half of the dry ingredients.
- Then, drizzle in all your wet ingredients.
- Lastly, gradually add in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Bake it in the oven for about 45 minutes.
- Let it cool completely before transferring to a platter.
- Best eaten within 2 days.
YoRipe has over 1800+ Asian and Western Cooking Inspirations|Easy-to-Find Recipes |Cooking Videos|Smart Grocery List