We are a Singaporean-Straits-Chinese family, cozying between California and our native island Singapore! We recreate heritage recipes passed between family, friends and generations, and some of our own. Our flavors are mostly South-East Asian. Our recipes are easy to follow and we use only the basic utensils. Nothing fancy, just good food.
Recipe by Ginger and Cilantro
Lemongrass Ginger Patties
- 1/2 kg ground beef or ground pork
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp cayenne powder optional, add for extra spiciness
- 3 tbsp lemongrass minced
- 3 tbsp garlic minced
- 3 tbsp ginger minced
- ½ cup shallots minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup ripe tomatoes (optional) finely chopped
- Place the meat in a bowl stir in turmeric and cayenne powder.
- Pound (or use a food processoto combine the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, shallots and salt into a rough paste. Add tomatoes and mix.
- Combine the paste and meat. Mix the ingredients together with a spoon or fingers and adding cornstarch.
- Shape patties by making 1" balls and slightly flattening them. For free-form patties, prepare 2 tbsp of meat for each patty.
- Add patties into heated oil on medium-high heat. Fry for 1 – 2 minutes in each side till golden.
Get recipes faster.
1000+ Asian and Western Cooking Inspiration
Cooking Video | Customised Recommendation | Smart Grocery List
Vegetarian & Vegan |Flexitarian |Keto & Low Carb | Gluten-Free