To make great tasting meals, you need to have a lot of love. Love enough to select your ingredients carefully. Love for the warm glow of the stove as things start to heat up. Love for the people you’re feeding, so they can taste in every bite how much you care.
Recipe by Knorr
Nasi Lemak & Haochi Fried Chicken Wings
Indulge in crispy, fragrant Nasi-Lemak-style chicken wings made tasty with Knorr Haochi in this recipe!
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 800 ml water
- 2 sprig pandan knotted
- 1 tbsp Knorr Haochi
- 3 cups whole grain rice rinsed
- 12 mid-joint chicken wings
- 3 tbsp Knorr Haochi
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 1 egg
- 10 slices cucumber
- 4 tbsp fried ikan bilis
- 4 eggs boiled or fried
- 4 tbsp sambal
- 6 tbsp fried peanuts
- Cooking oil as needed
- In a bowl, marinate chicken wings with Haochi and the other ingredients and set aside for 10 mins.
- Cook the rice by mixing all the ingredients in a rice cooker and allow to cook until ready or for about 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, add some cooking oil to a frying pan, in a medium high heat, fry the chicken wings until golden brown or cooked through.
- Assemble the cooked rice with chicken wings and garnish with boiled egg, sambal, cucumber ikan bilis and fried peanuts.
Download our app now to find more local chicken recipes