veggie lady since ‘19😌
🌾trying to go as plant-based as possible living in sunny Singapore ☀️🇸🇬
- 250 g pumpkin
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ⅓ vegetable stock cube I used Kallo low salt vegetable stock cube
- 25 ml coconut cream or to taste
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- A pinch of salt
- Dried oregano
- Pumpkin seeds to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cube the pumpkin and cut the red onion into quarters. Remove the skin of the garlic.
- Place the pumpkin, onion and garlic on a baking tray with parchment paper. Roast them for 20-30 mins, or until the pumpkins are soft and mushy.
- Throw the roasted veggies into the blender along with the stock cube.
- Blend until smooth, adding the coconut cream a little at a time. (note: add the coconut cream slowly, until you’re satisfied with the consistency and taste. Too much coconut cream would overpower the pumpkin flavour!)
- Add in the nutritional yeast, salt and some dried oregano to taste.
- Pour over some cooked pasta and garnish with pumpkin seeds or anything you desire!
You can also try this yummy vegan cheese pasta made with Kroodi (a local vegan cheese producer). Something more mushy? Try the Easy Vegan Tofu Scramble or something lighter with these Vegan Lentil Zoodles
If you have questions about vegan nutrients, feel free to check 8 essentials nutrients for vegans and where to get them by The Thoughtful Dietitian. You can find many many more vegan recipes when you download the Yoripe app and choose to see recipes which are vegan!