🌱vegetarian 🌱🏃🏻♀️Healthy eating and recovery 🌸 a student who struggles with weight loss, eating disorder & body dysmorphia • based in 🇸🇬
Vegan Lentil Zoodles
- 1 whole zucchini
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups of lentils
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- diced canned tomatoes salt
- cooking oil coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- shredded vegan or non-vegan cheese
- hand fulls of baby spinach and any salad leaves.
- Step 1: Use a spiraliser or peeler to create “noodles” of the zucchini.
- If you’re using the peeler, peel until u reach to the seeds of zucchini.
- Step 2: after creating zoodles simply use a cloth or paper towel to dry the zoodles, as zucchini creates wetness when being cut.
- Step 3: microwave your zoodles for 1-2 minutes (this will make the zoodles warm)
- Step 4: in a small pot/ pan pour in olive oil or coconut oil in medium heat. Simply pour in diced onions.
- Step 5: once onions are diced, pour in 2/3 cups of diced tomatoes and 1/4 cup of lentils. Add some sea salt or normal salt to sauce and hand fulls of baby spinach . Then mix well. Turn to low heat and place pot cover on top and wait for 5 minutes to cook or until it looks ready.
- Place as much serving of zoodles on plate
- Pour the cooked sauce on top of zoodles
- Add additional salad leaves or any kind of vegetables
- Sprinkle shredded cheese of your choice (optional)
- Enjoy 🙂
Looking for more vegan recipes? Try more (real) pasta options with the Vegan creamy tagliatelle with vegan Kroodi cheese, Vegan cheesy pumpkin pasta.
Trying to switch to a more plant-based diet?
Learn to cook vegetarian and vegan with these cooking classes.