French Toast Waffle with Chocolate and Berries
This version of the French Toast Waffles with chocolate and berries might just become your families weekend favourite.
Servings: 2 people
- 4 slices Sunshine Sunflower Nutri-Seed Wholemeal bread
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp melted butter for greasing waffle pan
- Chocolate sauce
- 60 g dark chocolate preferably 55 to 70% cocoa fat content
- 100 g dairy whipping cream
- mixed berries of choice whole or sliced as desired
- mint leave
Prepare the French toast and cook it in a waffle pan
In a mixing bowl, whisk all the ingredients except bread and butter.
Add in 1 slice of bread at a time. Flip it to ensure even coating.
Place the bread into the waffle machine. Cook for 2 mins till it turns brown and the eggs are fully cooked.
Prepare chocolate sauce
Warm up the whipping cream in the microwave.
Pour it over the chocolate. Stir till it’s evenly mixed.
Assemble and serve
On a plate, stack the French toast, drizzle chocolate sauce over and decorate with berries. Serve immediately.